Qosium Scopemon is the key to continuous and automated monitoring of critical applications and services. This sibling of Qosium Scope is designed for automatic monitoring instead of targeted measurements.
Qosium Scopemon is a measurement controller targeted for automated QoS monitoring. Like always with Qosium, the service/application to be monitored can be everything without limits on network technologies throughout the measurement path. Qosium Scopemon implements all measurement features of Qosium Probe.
Scopemon currently offers three different ways of monitoring:
- Monitoring is continuously ongoing when Qosium Scopemon is running.
- Useful when a network path, device, etc., is to be monitored all the time
- Monitoring is activated based on a predetermined schedule, e.g., a certain time of the day.
- Useful, e.g., when there are critical periods that only need to be monitored
- Optimized monitoring: triggered when the traffic specified as interesting is flowing in the network
- Useful for session-based sporadic applications/services (e.g., VoIP calls)
The commissioning of Scopemon is straightforward. After installation, the parameterization includes configuring interesting traffic types (applications/services) and measurement paths. Once Scopemon is started, its operation if fully autonomous. It is common to set Qosium Scopemon to start during the boot process of the host machine. This ensures that the monitoring of critical services/applications takes place whenever the network device is powered on.
Qosium Scopemon makes it simple for you to monitor multi-user large-scale networks. The results can be stored in a persistent database from which a real-time situation awareness dashboard of the network can be created.
Qosium takes monitoring accuracy to the next level, which is required, especially for critical communications systems, where a decrease of quality can seize production, delay deliveries, or even cause damage and injuries.
Qosium Scopemon can be run in various environments. Scopemon is started simply by running the executable
QosiumScopemon. This will also launch the GUI, where the measurement can be monitored locally. If GUI is parameterized off, Scopemon will just run and perform its tasks in the background. Scopemon is configured by editing the configuration file.